2012年4月20日星期五

Moncler OutletBlogs - Chris DeSantis - Day 3 DeSantis on Floswimming

Ok. So I've let the accusations of being an Aussie-hater simmer now for a couple of days. I wanted to draft a crafty rebuttal, but in all honesty I can't. The truth is [url=http://www.style-jackets.com/]Moncler Outlet[/url]

http://www.style-jackets.com/

, I do hate the Aussies. I think that hate really dawned as I watched Michael Klim play air guitar in Sydney. It grew when Ian Thorpe became the only swimmer a typical American could name. Then, ever so quickly the Aussie men fell off as a rival, partly due to Thorpe's early retirement. Sure, the women have been routinely beating the US in the past few years, but I just can't find it in my heart to hate Libby Trickett or Leisel Jones. They're always so smiling, happy, and gracious. Damn them!

Day 3 Michael Klim Hatin Picks:

Men's 200 Freestyle:

1. Michael Phelps

2. Tae Hwan Park

3. Peter Vanderkaay

Rationale: It brings a tear to my eye to not see Van den Hoogenband in this event. Hoogie has been a special swimmer to me since the 1996 Olympics. He was far above even the world's best in some respects. The front quadrant of his freestyle was a piece of art. At the same time, he had one of the worst starts at the elite level and mediocre turns at best. Hoogie is a swimmer that you can idolize but also relate too, much more human seeming than Phelps. Naturally I think everyone would agree Phelps has no rival in this event. His mastery of the so called fifth stroke makes him unbeatable and certainly demoralizes the competitions. Since i picked the cocky Park in the 400, I have to go with him for silver here in the 200 as well. Vanderkaay will be very close, as he always is.

Men's 100 Back

1. Aaron Piersol

2. Helge Meeuw

3. Liam Tancock

Rationale: As close as this event looks on paper I just can't envision anyone getting the touch on Aaron Piersol. Time and time again it seems like speed might be his weakness, but when he's at his best he can take it out with anyone, as evidenced by his 25.6 first 50 in the finals in Omaha. With Lochte out of the field he is also the fastest 200 backstroker in the field. I like Meeuw again for name pronunciation reasons and for his 53.0 this year. Tancock to me is like the British Randall Bal, and I think that if Randall got a shot at this final he would medal.

Women's 100 Breast:

1. Leisel Jones

2. Tarnee White

3. Rebecca Soni

Rationale; See? I don't hate the Australian women. I would also like to add that I don't hate Eamon Sullivan. Any guy that swims the 50/100 but looks like he couldn't beat any 12 year old in an arm-wrestling match is ok by me. Mostly because I can't either. Four years ago Leisel looked a bit tentative on the Olympic stage, but its hard to envision her losing this race to anyone but her own teammate, the veteran Tarnee White. Seeing Tarnee and Megan (Quann) Jendrick jn the same event made me think it was 2000. I like Soni for third because of the difference for her between this meet at trials. I had Soni taking that second spot in the 100 breaststroke all the way at trials. When she went out fast I still felt good, knowing she was the best 200 breaststroker in the field, but then she died a little bit. I feel like Soni was pressing, it was her first chance to make the team. in Beijing, there is no pressure for Soni as expectations aren't high for to medal.

Women's 100 Back

1. Natalie Coughlin

2. Emily Seebohm

3. Anastasia Zueva

Rationale: Gotta love Coughlin after she showed so much mettle in Omaha. After her I went with a pair of youngsters in Seebohm and Zueva, both of whom have sharp improvement curves. Women's backstroke events have a strong history of young blood. Plus never having actually seen Zueva or having any idea what she looks like makes her Roman Sloudnov-level mysterious to me. Uh oh, I just realized I picked another Aussie. Something tells me Mish is going to like these picks.

Source by the beats by dre relate article:

没有评论:

发表评论